A healthier version of a classic comfort food. This mouthwatering entree is the perfect dish for your family to enjoy any day of the week.
6 slices Village Hearth Light Italian Bread (only 40 calories per slice)
1 cup Skim Milk
2lbs ground Extra Lean Turkey Breast
1 cup grated Paremsan Cheese
1/3 cup minced Flat-Leaf Parsley
¾ tsp Salt
½ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
¼ tsp Seasoned Salt
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 cup Egg Beaters
10 slices Turkey Bacon
1 ½ cups Reduced Sugar Ketchup
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Dry Mustard
½ tsp Hot Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Pour milk over bread slices in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes
3. Combine bread, ground turkey, and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Shape mixture into a 9×5-in loaf. Place on a lightly greased rack in a foil-lined broiler pan.
4. Place bacon over and around the sides of the loaf horizontally, overlapping slices and tucking under loaf.
5. Whisk ketchup and remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour 1/3 of mixture over top of loaf; spread to cover. Bake 45 minutes. Pour 1/3 of remaining sauce over loaf. Bake 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 160 degrees.
6. Let stand 10 minutes. Slice ans serve with remaining sauce.
This recipe is sure to leave you and your family satisfied without the guilt that usually comes with a traditional “comfort food” meal.
This looks so wonderfully delicious. It is 220am and you have me feeling hungry 🙂 I will certainly give this recipe a try. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to learning from you in the future 🙂 I recently started a food blog too and hopefully will have it as informative as yours 🙂 Natasha
Thank you for your kind words, Natasha! You’ll definitely need to try this recipe…its delish! Good luck with your blog! I’ll make sure to check it out.