Going out for a romantic evening is always exciting and something to look forward to, but there’s always something a little more romantic about putting together a meal of your own for the person you love. Although it takes a little more work, it can be much more gratifying coming up with and creating a great menu for those you love. You have control over the food, drinks, and best of all, the atmosphere. If you’re one of those determined to cook your own meal for your next date night, here’s a classic, romantic recipe for you and your honey to enjoy! I’ve included a recipe for four for those of you who may not be going out this weekend and are cooking for the whole family or even entertaining for the evening.(and if you have younger kids that don’t eat as much, you could even split a few of the chicken breasts to create more servings). If you’re just cooking for two, either cut the recipe in half, or make all four. You can save the other two to put on bread for sandwiches the next day, or even freeze them for one of your dinners the next week!
4 – 6-8oz Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
¼ cup Egg Beaters
¼ cup Skim Milk
4 Slices Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup Marinara Sauce
8oz Spaghetti (cut this in half if you’re only cooking for two)
1. Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. In a separate bowl combine milk, Egg Beaters, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture and then in the bread crumb mixture, making sure to coat both sides. Place in a greased 9×13 baking pan. Sprinkle the extra bread crumbs on top of each chicken breast in the baking pan. Spray the top of each chicken breast with spray butter (about 7-10 squirts per breast).
3. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Flip each chicken breast and bake an additional 10 minutes. While chicken is baking prepare noodles on stove top.
4. Pull chicken out of oven and spoon 2 tbsp of marinara sauce over each breast and then place one slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each piece of chicken. Bake 5 more minutes.
5. Put spaghetti noodles on serving plates (about 2oz per person) and top with a splash of olive oil. Place chicken breast on top of noodles and top with a sprinkling of oregano leaves over entire dish.
6. This entree goes great with a glass of chardonnay and bread.
I think this dish is as good or even better than any meal you could purchase at a restaurant, and the bonus is you are able to set the mood however you’d like. You’re in charge! Whatever your plans may be this weekend, may your evening be filled with happiness, love, and of course, good food 🙂