Looking for an energizing snack to fuel your endurance workouts? Tasty and delicious, this granola recipe is a perfect snack to munch on throughout the day, a healthy mid-morning or afternoon pick-me-up, or even works as a healthy cereal option. Its simple to make and much healthier for you than processed granola snacks you may buy at the grocery store. With the added protein from the yogurt and protein powder, its perfect for helping repair those muscles that have been getting you through all those hard workouts and still has the perfect combination of slow burning carbs to fuel your next run.
FitnFab’s Homemade Greek Yogurt Granola
2 – 6oz Chobani Banana Flavored Greek Yogurts
1/4 cup Sugar Free Maple Syrup (mix the flavor up by substituting Sugar Free Honey instead)
2 tbsp Almond Butter
½ cup Unsweetened Applesauce
3 cups Old-Fashioned Oats
2 tbsp Natural Cane Sugar (I use Sugar in the Raw)
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Ground Flax Seed
2 tbsp Protein Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
¼ tsp Salt
½ cup Raisins
½ cup Dried Cranberries
½ cup Almonds
½ cup Walnuts
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Gradually stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined
3. Spread out as flat as possible on a large, greased baking pan. I use a spatula to do this.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
5. Pull out and let sit/dry for 2 hours. Then, using your hands, break granola and flip so most of the granola that was facing down is now facing up to get air. Let dry for another 6-8 hours.
6. It will still be a little moist due to the Greek yogurt. I keep mine in a sealed container and have even frozen it to use at a later date. Eat as is, or put in a bowl and add a little Unsweetened Almond Milk to make a great breakfast cereal!
Enjoy and Happy Running!