Here’s a delicious, Mexican-inspired meal that will leave your family and friends counting down the days until you serve it again…
Barbecue Chicken Burritos
10 oz can of Chunk White Chicken Breast in Water, drained
1/3 cup Barbecue Sauce
¼ tsp Cumin
1/3 cup Red Onion, chopped
1 Jalapeno Pepper, chopped
1/3 cup Cilantro, chopped
1/3 cup Salsa, plus another 2 tbsp (I use a sweet salsa that I canned that contains sugar and corn. If you don’t have a salsa like this, simply take a mild jar of salsa, add about 1 tbsp sugar to your 1/3 cup and 2 tbsp of salsa and about 2 tbsp canned corn. Stir to combine. Regular salsa would taste fine too.)
½ cup Black Beans
2 Large Burrito Tortillas
Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Fat Free Sour Cream
1. Pour canned chicken into a medium bowl and break chunks with a fork until finely shredded. Add barbecue sauce, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine until all chicken is coated with barbeque sauce and seasonings.
2. In another medium bowl, mix onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, and 1/3 cup salsa.
3. Microwave tortillas for about 20 seconds to soften and make easier to fold.
4. In the middle of one tortilla spread out ¼ cup black beans (I make a long line in the middle with all the ingredients, leaving room around the edges to make folding easier). Add half of chicken mixture, and top chicken mixture with half of the salsa mixture.
5. Fold over top and bottom of tortilla and then roll the sides together (so it looks like the picture below). Top with 1 tbsp salsa and sprinkle with desired amount of cheese. Repeat with second tortilla. Place in a 9×13 baking dish.
6. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. When done, place on serving plates and top with a dollop of sour cream. Goes great with a side of lime tortilla chips!