Here’s an American classic, done the FitnFab way, that won’t sabotage all the hard work you’ve been putting in to get ready for summer but still lets you feel like you’re enjoying a classic comfort food.
Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza the FitnFab Way
1 Mama Mary’s Whole Wheat Pizza Crust (90 calories per serving – comes two to a package)
½ lb Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
½ medium Onion, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced
2 tsp Seasoned Salt
¼ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Reduced Sodium Pizza Sauce (use ½ cup to 1 cup – just remember the less you can get away with using, the less calories you consume)
1 cup Fat Free Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
4 slices Turkey Bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet or stone. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a skillet cook the ground turkey breast with onion and garlic over medium-high heat until browned. Drain fat (there shouldn’t be much) then season with seasoned salt, black pepper to taste, and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
3. Add pizza sauce to skillet, reduce heat to low and cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook turkey bacon slices over medium-high heat in another skillet. When done, dab excess grease off with a paper towel.
5. Top the crust with the cooked ground turkey mixture, then sprinkle with cheddar cheese, then mozzarella cheese. Top with cooked, crumbled bacon. I just ripthe bacon apart over the pizza.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. I usually broil my pizzas for a few minutes at the end to get a nice brown look to the top.
Makes 6-8 Slices; Serves 3-4
Enjoy this delicious pizza without the guilt that usually comes along with enjoying this mouthwatering pie!