Here is a healthy and delicious meal to add to your weekly meal plan. At only 205 calories, you’ll have plenty of room to add a side and even a healthy appetizer or dessert. In this picture I served this dish with fresh green beans from my garden. 1 cup = 44 calories putting the grand total for this meal at 249 calories.
Mozzarella Tilapia – 205 Calories
4 – 4 oz Tilapia Filets
½ cup Italian Bread Crumbs
½ cup Egg Beaters
½ cup Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese
½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
No Calorie Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with No Calorie Cooking Spray.
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs and mozzarella cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine Egg Beaters and cayenne pepper.
- Dip each fillet in egg mixture, coating well, then dip all sides in bread crumb mixture. Place flat in baking dish and repeat with all fillets. Distribute whatever breadcrumb/cheese mixture is left evenly over all four fillets in dish.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until fish is no longer pink and flakes easily with a fork.
I love tilapia!!! I really need to get some egg beaters—we never have really used them in the past but it sounds like a great switch.
Pingback: Crispy Parmesan Ranch Chicken | Debbie's Midwestern Kitchen·