Spicy Red Pepper Chicken Penne
Here is an easy and delicious pasta recipe for all you hot and spicy foodies out there. I actually took the sauce that I used in my Salmon in a Spicy Red Pepper Sauce and used it as a sauce on this pasta with chicken. It was delicious. It would be just as good with salmon, shrimp, or crab instead of the chicken. Give it a try!
4 – 4 oz Chicken Breasts, cooked and sliced
4 – 5 oz (dry) Chicken Penne
¼ cup Red Bell Pepper, diced
¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tsp Cornstarch
1 tsp Jalapeno Peppers, minced
1 clove Garlic, minced
¼ cup Cilantro, chopped
½ cup Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
1. Prepare chicken breasts as desired and slice each breast.
2. In a blender, puree red peppers, parmesan, cornstarch, jalapeno, and garlic.
3. Add cilantro and chicken broth and blend.
4. Pour contents from blender into a large skillet and warm up over medium-low heat. Add sliced chicken to sauce.
5. While sauce is warming up, prepare penne according to package directions.
6. Serve penne evenly between four serving plates. Top each plate of pasta with sauce and garnish with cilantro.